As we settle into our first school term I wish to thank our staff, students and parents for the huge effort and support in reopening our school. Our next goal is keep our school community Covid Free, please re- familiarise yourselves with the school logistics plan (on school website), HSE advice on washing hands, coughing etiquette etc on https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/40e9c-protecting-your-child-from-coronavirus/#protecting-your-child-from-coronavirus. Most importantly for parents though we are asking you not to send your child to school if they have any symptoms HSE Covid Symptoms.
The following are the steps to be taken by parents in the event of child showing Covid Symptoms:
- Keep child at home
- Ring the GP, describe the symptoms and seek advice (this service is free)
- Take the child for a COVID test, if so advised
- Keep the child at home for the period advised by the GP
- Inform school
- Remove any siblings or other household contacts from the school.
- Thank you to parents who have paid book rental & voluntary contribution, & this is a gentle reminder to any families who haven’t paid yet, the final day for purchasing school insurance is Tuesday 22nd
- Teachers will be in touch next week in relation to recommencing homework.
- Please send in a pair of wellies (labelled) for Junior/Seniors & 1st class (they will be kept in school) or other suitable footwear (wellies or football boots) 2nd – 6th class for use at lunch time in the field.
- Junior Infants collection times from Monday September 21st have been updated on the news section of our website https://www.kilglassns.com/collection-times/
- Healthy Lunches – from Monday we will be encouraging families to bring healthy lunches to school, the following link will give guidance on the above, Healthy Lunches
The very best wishes to Kimora, John, Conor, Noah, Oisín, Ruairí, Micheal, Ryan, James Q and James G who are making their First Holy Communion tomorrow, we are very proud of you and hope you and your families have a wonderful day. A huge thank you to Ms Mullins in preparing the children for this special day.