As we move towards our Mid Term Break I wish to bring the following notices to your attention:
- Enrolment – We will be taking enrolment for Junior Infants (September 2023) until February 10th, further information is available at www.kilglassns.com/enrolment/
- Creative Schools – as part of our Creative Schools Programme we are making a short film about our local community and each class is creating a book which will have a piece of writing from each student. The books will be available for parents to buy and we will have our film available for viewing later in the year
- Parking – parking at the 3pm finish time continues to be very busy, if some parents can wait until 3:05 to collect, it should allow for less traffic build up and a safer collection environment for our students.
- Green Schools – We are delighted to announce that our Gardaí Glas/Green Schools committee is now up and running in each room, our focus this term is on reducing the amount of food waste and general waste in the school and encourage children to recycle where possible. This year under our Green Schools initiative we are encouraging people to think about reducing journeys by car by car-pooling or active travel where possible. We are aware that active travel may not be possible because of safety on the roads.
- School Start Times –
- Junior Infants & Siblings – arrival from 9:00am (class starts at 9:10)
- Senior Infants to 6th Class – arrival from 9:10 (class starts at 9:20)
Please ensure that students are not dropped to school before the above times, we appreciate your co-operation with the above.
- County Photos – will be taking class and family photos on February 14th, please ensure students are in full uniform.
- School Uniform: – students are to wear school uniform unless directed by the class teacher to wear sports gear on PE days, this will be communicated in the student’s homework notebook. 1stto 6th class will be playing in the field as much as possible, please ensure these students have wellies/outside shoes and spare socks each day.
- Attendance – as per Education Welfare Act (2000), it is mandatory for schools to report to the Education Welfare Officer all children who miss 20 days in any school year. Please send a note to the class teacher stating why a student is absent when the student returns to school.
- School Lunches – as we are trying to cut down on food waste, could parents review their child’s order and make any changes to align with your child’s changing tastes etc https://www.glanmorefoods.ie/
- Contacting Teachers – if a parent needs to meet with a teacher, please make an appointment in advance through our school email email@example.com or contact the school at 0909688881, teachers have supervision duties both before and after school which makes these times difficult to make contact with the class teacher, again we appreciate your co-operation with this measure.
- Dancing: – all classes will be doing dancing with Ria every Tuesday from 21st of February to March 28th.
- Connacht GAA Dome – 3rd to 6th class will be travelling to the Connacht GAA Air Dome for Hurling & Gaelic Football coaching session and game on 13th February.
- School Closures and Important dates – the school will be closed on the following dates this term:
- St Brigid’s Bank Holiday – February 6th
- Mid-term – February 16th & 17th
- March 16th & 17th – St Patricks Day
- March 18th – Ceremony of Light, (Confirmation Class) in St Cuan’s Church at 8:30
- March 24 st – Confirmation @ 11am in Caltra Church
- March 30th – First Confession, St Cuan’s Church, Ahascragh @ 7pm
- March 31st – April 17th – Easter.
- May 13th – First Holy Communion, St Cuan’s Church, Ahascragh at 11am.