As we move towards our Mid Term Break I wish to bring the following notices to your attention:
- Covid – any update to Covid guidelines in school will be communicated through our website whenever we receive correspondence from the Dept of Education.
- Parent Teacher Meetings – we will have our parent teacher meetings on Tuesday March 8th, these meetings will be conducted by phone between 3:15 and 5:30, each parent will be allocated a 5 min slot, please contact our secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org when you receive your time slot and confirm the number you wish to be contacted on.
- Creative Schools – as part of our Creative Schools Programme we are looking for student and parent input into the programme, please complete the short surveys that can be found on https://www.kilglassns.com/creative-schools/
- Amber Flag – this year we are participating in the Pieta Amber Flag initiative which enables schools across the country to raise awareness of the stigmas which exist in their environments, and the stressors on the mental and emotional wellbeing of those within them. As part of this programme we held a Positive Mental Health Week which concluded with Pyjama Day where we raised €410 For Piera House, thank you for your support.
- Green Schools – We are delighted to announce that our Green School’s committee is now up and running in the senior room and we are excited to work on our 4th Green Schools Theme – Travel. The Green Schools February Newsletter can be found on https://www.kilglassns.com/green-schools-2/
- County Photos – will be taking class and family photos on Monday 28th February, please ensure students are in full uniform.
- School Uniform: – students are to wear school uniform unless directed by the class teacher to wear sports gear on PE days, this will be communicated in the student’s homework notebook. 1stto 6th class will be playing in the field as much as possible, please ensure these students have wellies/outside shoes and spare socks each day.
- Attendance – as per Education Welfare Act (2000), it is mandatory for schools to report to the Education Welfare Officer all children who miss 20 days in any school year. Please send a note to the class teacher stating why a student is absent when the student returns to school. A Return to School
- Healthy Lunches – we have a Healthy Lunches policy in the school, please encourage children to bring a Healthy Lunch to school, tips on healthy lunches can be found on https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/publications/children/healthy-lunch-box-to-grow,-learn-and-play-part-1.html
- Marathon Kids – 3rd to 6th are participating in the marathon kids programme, this 8 week programme begins with students running 600m on week 1 to 1800m in week 8, further information can be found on www.marathonkids.ie
- Heritage in Schools – the Senior Class will be participating in the Heritage in Schools programme, the students will be exploring the history of the local community.
- Lego League – 1st class will be taking part in the First Lego League Explore project over the coming weeks.
- School Half Zips – are due to be delivered in the first week of April.
- School Closures – the school will be closed on the following dates this term:
- Mid-term – February 23rd & 24th
- March 16th Half day (finish at 12 – staff in-service)
- March 17th & 18th – St Patricks Day
- March 31st – Confirmation
- April 11th – April 22nd – Easter.